Wednesday 27 June 2012

Pumpkin Pie


I've been wanting to make a pumpkin pie for a while now.  Ever since high school when one of my classmates made one for his examination in home economics class.  His was amazing and suprisingly sweet (I expected it to be more savory)

Sorry about the poor lighting in this photograph, apparently my kitchen doesn't get that much sun in the middle of the day...I usually take photos in the late afternoon but this one lonely piece of pumpkin pie was lucky enough to survive being inhaled by my family so I had to move fast with this one lol
Can I just say that pumpkin pie from scratch is probably the most high maintenance thing that I think i've ever made, well for a newbie like me lol.  
My process went something like this...de-seed the pumpkin, cut the skin off, cut into cubes, roast in oven, mash it, push it through a strainer to remove the lumpy bits...The pumpkin process itself was like a workout for my arms haha.  I also had to make and blind bake the pastry which wasn't hard but combined with the pumpkin process, it took quite a long time.  
I chose the long way to do everything but I could've used a food processor to speed up the pumpkin mash lol and I could've used canned pumpkin but i don't even know if we sell that here haha
Anyway, so there you go pumpkin pie.  It was gone in less than a day so it must've been good.  Try it for yourself, I used this recipe Boom

K bye 

♡ B

No comments:

Post a Comment