Wednesday 22 August 2012

Sugar Cookies

Hi :)
Today I decided to try and get back into my baking groove so I made some sugar cookies.  I wasn't feeling so great yesterday, I couldn't stop sneezing and my eyes were watering and itching like crazy but i'm glad i'm feeling soooo much better today 'coz i really needed to bake something.  I'm trying to stick with my plan to bake/update this blog at least once a week.

My Sugar Cookies turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself LOL.  They don't take long to bake and it's only like 1 minute between being perfect and being burnt, yes, I found that out the hard way...Anyway, once you decorate them all pretty with icing and sprinkles no one will notice that they're burnt haha.


Sugar Cookie Recipe



Ingredients

  • 3 cups flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg (beaten, room temperature)
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • icing sugar for rolling out dough


Method

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, place butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until light in colour.
Add egg and milk and beat until combined.
Turn the mixer to a low speed, gradually add the flour mixture and beat until the mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Divide the dough in half, wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 180ºC

Sprinkle surface where you will roll out your dough with the icing sugar.
Remove dough from the refrigerator, Sprinkle rolling pin with icing sugar. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.  Move the dough around and check frequently underneath to make sure it is not sticking.
Cut into desired shape (I used a small drinking glass to make my circle shape).
Place onto a greased baking tray and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cookies are just starting to turn brown around the edges, rotating the baking tray halfway through baking time.
Let the cookies sit for 2minutes after you remove them from the oven before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.  Decorate as desired.


To Make the Icing


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons milk


Method

In a medium mixing bowl, combing icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract.  Use an electric hand mixer to beat together until the mixture is smooth, adding enough milk to make a good spreading consistency.  Add food colouring
Frost cooled cookies, sprinkle with sugar sprinkles if desired.  Set aside until frosting is set.


Thats all for now! I'm off to go do something boring like read or sleep.

Bye

♡ B


1 comment:

  1. So cute :D I remember getting these when I was little at birthday parties. I never liked the little silver ball icings tho so would flick them all off. Mum use to love that since she'd find them all over the house for days after.
    Impressed that you make such an effort to match the game graphic exactly. Go you :D

    ReplyDelete